👈🏼 back to all jobs
At Morning Brew
Location: United States
Hey there! We're Morning Brew- a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we're nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team (this position may work remotely).
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special.
Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer passionate about building approachable, innovative and user-first experiences to join our small but growing Engineering team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining front end functionality across all of Morning Brew's applications, fostering a growing team of frontend engineers, and helping drive and maintain best software patterns and practices in our codebase. We're looking for someone who leads by example, enjoys collaborating with others and is always willing to learn something new. This role sits within Product and reports to the Director of Engineering.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Enhancing and building out new website & newsletter experiences
- Collaborating with the engineering team to set best practices and guidelines for frontend development
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Designers and other engineers to plan, design and implement business requirements
- Mentoring junior engineers through pairing and code review
What makes you qualified?
- 3+ years of experience with React in production environments
- Strong familiarity with modern frontend tools and pipelines
- Experience working with GraphQL and REST APIs
- Proficient in testing your code with tools like Jest or Enzyme
- Passionate about creating & maintaining good principled software patterns for others on the team to follow
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical product managers and stakeholders
- An understanding of the full-stack (relational DBs, backend frameworks like RoR, CI/CD pipelines)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Typescript and Next.js
- Experience driving and maintaining analytics implementations (GTM)
- Experience with implementing SEO based optimizations
- Experience developing email templates
- Experience integrating with a headless CMS in a production environment What else are we looking for? A person with some good âol values! We take that pretty serious here and want to make sure that whoever joins the Morning Brew team, believes in that too. If you had a cup of coffee with our employees, you would see that we are:
Â· Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration. Â· Purposeful — We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus. Â· Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives. Â· Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
Perks: While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it. Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED. Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide. 401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present. Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful. Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that's representative of our audience.